SUSTAINABILITY AND CSI
JCDecaux recognises that its corporate responsibility is to minimise the potential for causing harm to the environment, socially and to stakeholders in all aspects of its activities. The company strives to build a ‘good’ brand based on sustainable business practices and improve its environmental and social stewardship.
GROUP SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT:
THE SIX STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
The company, from a Corporate Social Investment perspective, offers key services to deserving non-profit organisations in the form of:
- Advertising awareness on its unsold Out of Home inventory (billboards, street furniture, digital signage) to promote and assist the relevant organisations achieve their mission and objectives.
- Contribution of old billboard flex faces for recycling to provide communities or organisations with material to make handbags and schoolbags.
The company is not the initiator of each association/NGO, however through their support they believe that they provide much needed advertising exposure to further each association/NGO’s goals and objectives by providing media awareness and/or materials to achieve their goals.
KEY CSI PARTNERSHIPS
- Nelson Mandela Foundation
- Afrika Tikkun
- Food & Trees for Africa
- Sparrow Schools
- Birdlife SA
- Recycling partners:
Sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa
- Worldwide Campaign for Road Safety (FIA)
- ALU (African Leadership Group)
- Recycling of faces within each country
Royal Bafokeng Holdings
Royal Bafokeng Holdings is a community-based investment company whose growth uplifts and creates inter-generational wealth for the Royal Bafokeng Nation, a relevant and innovative traditional community.