Johannesburg, 13 October 2017
JCDecaux Advances in Digital Out-of-Home in Tanzanian, Mozambican and Zambian Markets
JCDecaux sub-Saharan Africa, the leaders and driving force in the advancement and growth of Digital Out-of-Home in Africa, have introduced a new digital format in the African market – Digital Video Walls.
Digital Out-of-Home advertising has enjoyed exponential growth in recent years globally.
The global advertising sector is primarily driven by the adaption of digital and marketers are continuously opting for Digital Out-of-Home for better brand recognition and penetration to consumers.
JCDecaux has strengthened its offerings, as industry leaders in African markets with the launch of Digital Video Walls in Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia airports. These Digital Video Walls are equipped with the latest and advanced technology available in the market.
The screens are an ultra-slim bezel, with a 4K display resolution and the brightness count of 700 nits ensures the best quality in image display.
The software powering the screens also allows JCDecaux to push 4K content onto the displays without any loss of quality and playback smoothness.
JCDecaux is ensuring that the comprehensive and ever-expanding network of digital signage, in a multiplicity of environments, provides a solid foundation for brands to engineer their conversations with consumers.
For the first phase, the rollout of the Digital Walls was successfully completed in partnership with Land Rover – one of the most valuable automotive brands in the world specialising in four-wheel-drive vehicles, and Mindshare South Africa - a global media and marketing services company.
Land Rover wanted to create a campaign that would build awareness around the launch of their new Discovery.
The objective of the campaign was to entrench brand presence within the SUV category and create appeal and consideration of the all-new Discovery within core and broader premium consumer.
Land Rover also wanted to bring to life the experience of driving the new Discovery, through the tactical use of key reach media touch points, focusing on a combination of environments and tailored content in order to drive impact.
Mark Cooper, CEO of JCDecaux sub-Saharan Africa, expressed that the launch of the Digital Video Walls, marks a further milestone in JCDecaux’s partnership with the Tanzanian, Mozambican and Zambian airport authorities, delivering a world-class media platform at the three airports respectively.
"The launch of the Digital Video Walls will redefine airport advertising, enabling clients to make an impression through clear, compelling Digital Video Wall content. Digital Video Walls have become the hub for powerful information delivery through cutting-edge picture quality, bringing even the smallest visual details to life with amplified brilliance and clarity," said Cooper.
Simon Paile, Africa Media Specialist at Mindshare sub-Saharan Africa says, "it is not about being everywhere but rather where we have the most meaningful connections and biggest impact with our target market.
This was perfect as it was first to market and bringing innovation and technology into SSA."
"The vehicle is also about new technology and the Digital Video Walls demonstrate that. High visual impact in the airports, reaching out professionals, business people at the airports. They also provide Captive Audience."
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers in excess of 37,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent.
JCDecaux is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide and the market leader in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East. JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indexes. Employing 12,850 people, the Group has operations in more than 75 countries around the world, and has a presence in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants. The Group generated total revenues of €3,208 million in 2015.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m; H1 2017 revenue: €1,641m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees