Johannesburg, 6 April 2017
JCDecaux launches their DOOH solutions in East Africa
JCDecaux sub-Saharan Africa is the leading and driving force in the advancement and growth of Digital Out of Home in Africa. To endorse this, Marketers and clients in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) were engaged in a digital discussion, the first of a series of annual conversations that JCDecaux Africa will be driving along the theme, “Connected Cities, Connected Consumers” across the African continent.
The consumer landscape is changing at a dramatic pace and marketers need to remain relevant to the mobile consumer. A mobile phoneis not just a device; it is the facilitator of consumer mobility which is undoubtedly the most defining lifestyle feature of this century. Mobile consumers are driven to be connected to information, connected to people, connected to causes and being connected to things.
Adelaide McKelvey, Sales and Marketing Director sub-Saharan Africa of JCDecaux, said: “Nowhere does this newfound mobility play a more significant role than in Africa. We are ensuring that the comprehensive and ever-expanding network of Digital signage, in a multiplicity of environments, provides a solid foundation for brands to engineer their conversations with consumers. Out of Home platforms, both digital and static, provide the springboard to engage consumers with relevant and effective social and mobile media”.
Alasdair Muller, Head of Sales, sub-Saharan Africa, presented a full overview of how to connect brands with connected consumers, and provided some key take-outs that determine the success on how to integrate Brand communication from Out of Home platforms all the way to the till. He explained that Brands need to be relevant to their target audience with content that connects the consumer in the right place, proximity and time. “The JCDecaux team are experienced and skilled in assisting clients to create artwork that is dynamic and attracts attention. Further to that, we encourage our clients to truly combine their social and Digital Out of Home media using, for example, data feeds to drive relevant, or even user-generated content. Our teams on the ground, through-out Africa are committed to delivering the highest level of service and campaign delivery”.
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers 32,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent and employs more than 400 people.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,392.8 billion
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indices
- No. 1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (236,760 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,280 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
JCDecaux Sub-Saharan Contact: